- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community Q&A 10/18/04
* Name: Jan Stewart
Lives in: Cape Girardeau
Family: Husband, Kevin; son, Mark; daughter, Sara.
Job: Diabetes educator at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
What do you like most about the area? The four distinct seasons, the beautiful landscape, the rich historical resources.
Favorite food: Spanakopita (spinach pie).
Favorite TV show: Weather Channel.
Best advice: Take time each day to reflect on the positive things that have occurred (preferably during a sunset or sunrise).
Person you most admire: I meet people at work I admire each day, but I could not select only one, so I will mention Eleanor Roosevelt. She was independent, intelligent, questioned tradition and reminded us that we are all created equal.
What would you do if you won the lottery? Fund community service programs that are needed but not government funded.
Pet peeve: Being around people who "sweat" the small stuff.