- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. — Yolande F. Hawkins, 71, of Advance passed away Dec. 7, 2008, at Puxico Nursing Center in Puxico, Mo.
She was born April 7, 1937, in the Algerian Republic, the daughter of Markus and Sarah Serero Hausman. On June 25, 1974, she married Claude Foland. He preceded her in death on April 5, 2003. She later married Charles Hawkins on June 25, 2004, in St. Louis. He preceded her in death on Aug. 19, 2007.
She had worked as a railroad data processor. She was baptized in May 2008.
Survivors include two stepsons, Vince (Laura) Hawkins and Jeff (Brenda) Hawkins, all of Advance; three stepdaughters; a brother, Max Hausman of France; a sister, Ramonde Elbaz; 10 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance, immediately followed by services, with the Rev. John Nemo officiating. Interment will be at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.