- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Central boys collect first win of season
The Central boys basketball team earned its first win of the season behind 17 points from Josh Harris.
The Tigers opened an eight-point lead after the first quarter and held on for the 56-49 victory over Northwest on Friday.
Rick Russell finished with a double-double, pouring in 12 points and bringing down 10 rebounds.
"The kids really played hard," Central coach Drew Church said. "At times, things didn't go exactly as we wanted them to, but they played hard enough that good things happened."
Zach Boerboom added 14 points and seven rebounds for Central (1-1), which returns to action Monday against Sikeston in the SEMO Conference tournament.
@z_agate_no tab_no indnt_bld ld:Northwest (49) -- Caleb Day 18, Domenic Hoffmeister 3, Nolan Korn 3, Donald Ortmann 15, Ryan Smith 6, Kyle Syers 4. FG 10, FT 11-20, F 15 (3-pointers: Day 4, Smith 2. Fouled out: None)
Central (56) -- Blake Ozbun 1, Terrance Howard 4, Josh Harris 17, Kevin Casasola 8, Rick Russell 12, Zach Boerboom 14, FG 19, FT 15-21, F 15. (3-pointers: Harris 1. Fouled out: None)
-- From staff reports