- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Lane reductions on I-55 scheduled in Cape, Scott counties next week
Motorists driving on Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau and Scott City next week may need to allow extra travel time on a section of the roadway.
The southbound lane of Interstate 55 between exit 99 and Highway 74 will be reduced to one lane on Monday while Missouri Department of Transportation crews replace guardrails. Work is expected to take place from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Crews will also perform routine bridge maintenance in the northbound lane of I-55 next week between Route PP and Route K. Work is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday.
Other work scheduled to take place next week by MoDOT crews includes drainage pipe replacement beneath the roadway of Route Z. The road will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday between Route DD to Highway 61 near Vanduser, Mo.
Meanwhile, the northbound rest area located on I-55 will be closed today while MoDOT crews perform concrete repairs. Work will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.