- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Speak Out 12/6/08
Not much change
WHEN BARACK Obama was running for president, all you heard was change, change, change. George Wallace said in 1968, "Ain't a dime's worth of difference between the Democrats and Republicans." How true.
THE COMMENT that people go to the movies when times are tough doesn't show that there's a shortage of funds. That shows there's a matter of priorities. If people have money to go to movies, they have money for the things they really need in life. People need to shape up their own lives instead of wanting someone else to help shape them up. They need to be more accountable for their own actions.
I WISH the Jackson police would patrol around Jackson Junior High School and West Lane Elementary School in the mornings when the teachers are arriving. I go to work at a time that a lot of the teachers are going to the junior high. It's ridiculous how they ignore the speed zones. One of the teachers passed me one morning, and I was going the speed limit.
Out of the past
I'VE BEEN hearing a lot of people talk about Barack Obama getting a lot of the Hillary Clinton people that were in her campaign. The reason why he's doing this is because he never had a plan. He's getting people from the past. So this is the change he was talking about.
Great football team
CONGRATULATIONS to the Jackson football boys. It was great of them to be able to go as far as they went for the playoffs. Even though they didn't make it to the state championship, we are proud of them. Way to go, boys.