- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Lynuel L. Campbell, 79, of Cape Girardeau, died Thursday, Dec. 4, 2008, at Gardenview Care Center in St. Louis.
He was born June 9, 1929, at Vanduser, Mo., son of Chester Wesley and Norma Robins Campbell. He and Mildred "Millie" Schearf were married June 9, 1948.
Campbell was retired from being owner and operator of Cedar Wood Resort in Kimberling City, Mo., for 25 years. He was a deacon of the Allenville Baptist Church in Allenville.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Rick Campbell of Albuquerque, N.M.; a daughter, Connie Westbrook of Chesterfield, Mo.; a brother, Wesley Campbell of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Enid Schearf of Delta, Betty Sue Lincecum of Surprise, Ariz., Judy Schaerf of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Phil Thompson officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.