- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Children's' Arts Festival reception to be held Sunday
Entries for the ninth annual Children's Arts Festival have filled spaces at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, the new Federal Building, Cape Girardeau Regional Library and West Park Mall.
The juried show was judged by Southeast Missouri State University art professors Carol Horst and Sam Bishop (retired), who awarded 60 prizes to work by third- through eighth-grade artists.
Arts Council gallery manager Erin Schloss said the 305 entries include watercolors, drawings in pencil and chalk and some collages -- "a lot of neat stuff."
The work was submitted by students from 22 schools in Cape Girardeau, Scott and Stoddard counties.
A reception to celebrate the winning entries will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Arts Council of Southeast Missouri, 32 N. Main St. For more information, call 334-9233.