- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Oprah Winfrey: I'm not seeking job with Obama
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- Although Oprah Winfrey worked hard on Barack Obama's presidential election campaign, she never considered going to work for the president-elect's administration, the talk show host said Friday.
"I have a few full-time jobs already and a few full-time commitments, you know -- contractual commitments that say I have to be where I am," Winfrey told AP Television. "So it never ever occurred to me, not even occurred to me."
Winfrey said she would stay put, even if the president-elect came calling.
"Even if I was offered, I still have contractual commitments and what could I do?" Winfrey said. "I do what I do best on TV every day."
Earlier this week, Winfrey's production company confirmed she would host her Chicago-based talk show to Washington for at least two episodes during inauguration week. She'll have a live show from the Kennedy Center Opera House one day before the ceremony, and tape another one on Jan. 21.
One plan she hasn't yet thought out was her dress for the inaugural ball, despite rumors to the contrary.
"I actually haven't picked it," Winfrey said. "I had a dress on the vision board, but I'm not sure that's going to fit, so I have to work on something else."