- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
I-55 repairs to impact traffic in Cape Girardeau, Scott counties next week
Motorists driving on Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau and Scott County next week may need to allow extra travel time on a section of the roadway.
The southbound lane of I-55 between exit 99 and Highway 74 will be reduced to one lane on Monday while Missouri Department of Transportation crews replace guardrails. Work is expected to take place from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Crews will also perform routine bridge maintenance in the northbound lane of I-55 next week between Route PP and Route K. Work is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Wednesday.
Other work scheduled to take place next week by MoDOT crews includes drainage pipe replacement beneath the roadway of Route Z. The road will be closed from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Tuesday from Route DD to U.S. 61 near Vanduser, Mo.
Meanwhile, the northbound rest area located on I-55 will be closed today while MoDOT crews perform concrete repairs. Work will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.