- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
From 6 to 9 p.m., merchants in downtown Cape Girardeau will be welcoming shoppers for the annual Christmas in Old Town Cape Open House. More than a dozen businesses will be showing off holiday window displays and offering refreshments. There will be carolers, Santa, carriage rides, door prizes and activities for children. And some lucky shopper will win a $2,000 shopping spree.
In addition to the shopping, the Cape Girardeau Area Chamber of Commerce will have its monthly coffee for members at 7:40 this morning at the Show Me Center. Downtown Cape Girardeau will be bustling tonight with the monthly First Friday events at art galleries. While you're in the neighborhood, drop by the Southeast Missouri State University River Campus for a performance of "Twelfth Night."
Downtown open house. First Friday for the arts. Chamber coffee. Shakespeare. It's a busy first Friday with plenty to do from early in the morning well into the evening.
And don't forget the rescheduled Parade of Lights Sunday evening. Have fun.