- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Kerry unqualified for presidency
To the editor:
The unearned should not go to the undeserving. John Kerry may be a skilled talker; however, he is damaged goods when it comes to being qualified for president. His 19 years in the Senate are not only unproductive, they are notorious for his many votes against defense and intelligence, two areas where strengths are crucial to our nation. Further, there hasn't been a tax bill he hasn't supported. In fact, Kerry is not blowing smoke about 2.2 trillion dollars worth of extra spending he promises to push (That's trillion with a "t"). It would mean an unbearable tax burden on the workforce, all of the workforce.
Then, there is his short four months in Vietnam over 30 years ago, still relevant now as he bases his qualifications for president on that experience. It required three Purple Heart wounds to qualify to leave the war zone. Two of his three were "accidentally self-inflicted." Both of his bronze medals were over-rewarded. His silver medal? Well, he wrote his own situation report. It included enemy fire, while Swift Boat veterans say there was none. In fact, a book has been published outlining why John Kerry is unfit for command. He is a loose cannon and a liar. Finally, while an inactive reservist, he had the supreme gall to go to Paris and "negotiate" with the enemy.
H. LEE BROWN, Cape Girardeau