- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Leopold, Oak Ridge spikers reach MVC final
Leopold and Oak Ridge posted victories Friday to advance to today's championship in the Mississippi Valley Conference volleyball tournament.
The title game is set for 2:30 p.m. at Oak Ridge. Meadow Heights and Zalma will play in the thrd-place game.
Leopold defeated Meadow Heights in three sets, 25-23, 20-25, 25-19.
Oak Ridge also needed three sets, rallying to defeat Zalma, 12-25, 25-20, 25-19.
JV -- Meadow Heights defeated Oak Ridge 25-12, 27-25; Leopold defeated Zalma 25-17, 25-12. Meadow Heights vs. Leopold today in the championship..
|New Salem||25-25 Eagle Ridge||20-22|
New Salem improved to 10-4 with a straight-set victory against Eagle Ridge. Leading the way for New Salem was MacKenzie Jones (three assists, one ace, one kill) and Laura Poole (four kills, three aces).
Holly Jordan, Mary Poole and Sarah Greene each had four kills.
|Twin City Chr.||25-25 New Salem||14-20|
New Salem fell to 10-5 with its loss to Twin City Christian in the second game of two matches Friday. Sarah Greene led New Salem with four kills and two aces. Laura Poole and Mary Poole recorded two kills each.
SOCCER Notre Dame 2, St. Pius 1
Bryce Willen and Will Lindman scored for Notre Dame in the first half to propel the Bulldogs to a home win over St. Pius.
Willen also assisted on a goal. Jason Delgado assisted on Willen's for the Bulldogs (10-9).
JV -- Notre Dame won, 5-0. Goals: Ty Williams (2), Ryan Willen, Mark Zimmer, Mark Himmelberg.
-- From staff reports