- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ex-aide to Missouri lt. gov. sent to jail
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The former chief of staff for Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder has been sentenced to 10 days in jail for violating probation on a pornography conviction.
Eric Feltner pleaded guilty in August to displaying sexually explicit materials and was placed on probation. One of the terms of his probation was that he not use the Internet except for business purposes.
Cole County court records show Eric Feltner admitted violating probation by accessing the Internet for a personal, nonbusiness reason. Cole County Circuit Judge Richard Callahan on Monday imposed a 10-day "shock time" jail sentence as a new condition for continuing on probation.
Feltner resigned from Kinder's office in June after news broke that he had been charged with attempting to provide pornography to a minor.