- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Williams, Slaton lead Texans past Jaguars
HOUSTON — Mario Williams, Steve Slaton and the Houston Texans put on quite a show in their Monday Night Football debut.
Williams had a season-high three sacks and forced a fumble and Slaton ran for a pair of touchdowns to lead the Texans to a 30-17 win over the slumping Jacksonville Jaguars.
Andre Johnson added a TD reception and Kris Brown kicked three field goals in the win, a highlight in Houston's disappointing season so far.
The top pick in the 2006 draft, Williams brought down quarterback David Garrard in the second, third and fourth quarters to increase his season total to 11. He forced a fumble by Garrard on his last sack and Houston (5-7) recovered on the 7.
Slaton scored on the next play to make it 23-3 with about 5 minutes left. The rookie tacked on a 40-yard TD run and finished with 130 yards rushing on 21 carries. He also had two catches for 52 yards.
The city of Houston hosted a Monday night game for the first time since Nov. 21, 1994, when the New York Giants beat the Oilers 13-10 at the Astrodome.
The Jaguars fell to 4-8.