- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CARMI, Ill. -- Shelby Schearf, 57, of Carmi died Wednesday, Aug. 11, 2004, at Deaconness Hospital in Evansville, Ind.
He was born May 16, 1947 in Jackson, son of Glenn and Mildred Pearl Tomo Schearf.
He married Clara May Trout on July 14, 1979.
He was a machine operator for Infinity Plastic Moldings in Mt. Vernon, Ind., and a veteran of the Vietnam War.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Shaun Mecum of Albion, Ill. and Tim Mecum of Jackson Hole, Wyo.; a daughter, Carrie Sanders of Carmi; two sisters; a brother; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a daughter.
A memorial service will be held at noon Saturday at the Allenville, Mo., bridge with Rex Haynes officiating.
Announcement courtesy of McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.