- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. — Jesse Carl Hayes, 74, of Sikeston died Monday, Dec. 1, 2008, at Georgian Gardens Nursing Home in Potosi, Mo.
He was born Jan. 16, 1934, in Greene County, Ark., son of Jesse and Alma Hayes.
Hayes served with the U.S. Army in Germany.
He is survived by a daughter, Jessica, of Cape Girardeau; five sisters, Omagene Knotts and Judy Miller of Corning, Ark., Irene Parker of Flippin, Ark., Paulette Hayes of Datto, Ark., Sharon Brown of Bella Vista, Ark.; and three grandsons.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, four brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Ponder Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with his nephew, Michael Rhea, officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.