- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Shakespeare, art, dance and music on tap at River Campus this month
Southeast Missouri State University has announced multiple upcoming events. For tickets, call the River Campus Box Office, 518 S. Fountain St., at 573-651-2265. Tickets can also be purchased through MetroTix by calling 800-293-5949 or visiting MetroTix.com.
n Students will perform "Twelfth Night, or What You Will" at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday through Friday and at 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturday in the Bedell Performance Hall at the River Campus.
* An exhibition for seniors graduating with a bachelor of fine arts degree will be on display Friday to Dec. 20 in the Art Gallery of the Seminary Building, room 106, at the River Campus. A gallery reception will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday. Gallery hours are 1 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
* Sergei Prokofiev's "Peter and the Wolf" will be performed as part of the Southeast Missouri Symphony Orchestra Concert Series at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 9 in the Bedell Performance Hall. "Hiawatha's Wedding Feast," based on the poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, will be presented in the second half of the concert by the Southeast Missouri Symphony Orchestra, University Choir and Choral Union.
* The university's Wind Symphony will perform its final concert of the semester at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 11 in the Bedell Performance Hall at the River Campus. Songs include "American Tapestry," "Dance Mix", "Russian Christmas Music" and "Greensleeves."
* The University Percussion Ensemble will perform its first "Family Holiday Concert" at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 13 in the Bedell Performance Hall. The family-oriented free concert will feature slide shows from holiday children's books and a rendition of "'Twas the Night Before Christmas." Students from Dance Extensions Dance Studio will perform excerpts from the "Nutcracker." Free milk and cookies will be served.
* The Moscow Ballet will perform the "Great Russian Nutcracker" at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 15 and 16 in the Bedell Performance Hall at the River Campus.