- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Thankful for help after hurricanes
To the editor:
On Sunday, Oct. 3, we were driving through Atlanta on our way to the Carolinas, and I saw a convoy of Missouri electric employees returning home after helping us in Florida after our terrible hurricanes. I was fortunate that where I live we had no damage. I just want to say thank you and God bless each and every one of those workers who left their families to come here and help us get back some of what we lost. I waved to them as we passed, and I cried because of their unselfishness. So thank you from the old lady in the red Ford pickup who looked like a nut waving and crying out of happiness and thanksgiving.
PATRICIA LAFOUNTAIN, Tampa, Fla.