- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Thankful for help after hurricanes
To the editor:
On Sunday, Oct. 3, we were driving through Atlanta on our way to the Carolinas, and I saw a convoy of Missouri electric employees returning home after helping us in Florida after our terrible hurricanes. I was fortunate that where I live we had no damage. I just want to say thank you and God bless each and every one of those workers who left their families to come here and help us get back some of what we lost. I waved to them as we passed, and I cried because of their unselfishness. So thank you from the old lady in the red Ford pickup who looked like a nut waving and crying out of happiness and thanksgiving.
PATRICIA LAFOUNTAIN, Tampa, Fla.