- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Thankful for help after hurricanes
To the editor:
On Sunday, Oct. 3, we were driving through Atlanta on our way to the Carolinas, and I saw a convoy of Missouri electric employees returning home after helping us in Florida after our terrible hurricanes. I was fortunate that where I live we had no damage. I just want to say thank you and God bless each and every one of those workers who left their families to come here and help us get back some of what we lost. I waved to them as we passed, and I cried because of their unselfishness. So thank you from the old lady in the red Ford pickup who looked like a nut waving and crying out of happiness and thanksgiving.
PATRICIA LAFOUNTAIN, Tampa, Fla.