- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)5
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)8
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Thankful for help after hurricanes
To the editor:
On Sunday, Oct. 3, we were driving through Atlanta on our way to the Carolinas, and I saw a convoy of Missouri electric employees returning home after helping us in Florida after our terrible hurricanes. I was fortunate that where I live we had no damage. I just want to say thank you and God bless each and every one of those workers who left their families to come here and help us get back some of what we lost. I waved to them as we passed, and I cried because of their unselfishness. So thank you from the old lady in the red Ford pickup who looked like a nut waving and crying out of happiness and thanksgiving.
PATRICIA LAFOUNTAIN, Tampa, Fla.