- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)7
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Thankful for help after hurricanes
To the editor:
On Sunday, Oct. 3, we were driving through Atlanta on our way to the Carolinas, and I saw a convoy of Missouri electric employees returning home after helping us in Florida after our terrible hurricanes. I was fortunate that where I live we had no damage. I just want to say thank you and God bless each and every one of those workers who left their families to come here and help us get back some of what we lost. I waved to them as we passed, and I cried because of their unselfishness. So thank you from the old lady in the red Ford pickup who looked like a nut waving and crying out of happiness and thanksgiving.
PATRICIA LAFOUNTAIN, Tampa, Fla.