- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Mizzou Defeated (but not down)
Today I witnessed one of the best football games quite possibly in college sports.
Unfortunately it culminated in one of the worst endings I've ever witnessed in college sports.
The Missouri Tigers narrowly lost to Kansas today 40 to 37, but you wouldn't know that by some of the reports coming across the wire.
For instance this is how Yael T. Abouhalkha (Don't even ask me to pronounce it because I don't have the slightest idea) a writer for the Kansas City Star described today's Border War showdown, in his article entitled:"Gritty KU shocks MU in Border War, 40-37" found online at:
"The Kansas Jayhawks football team showed more guts and scored more points than the Missouri Tigers Saturday at Arrowhead Stadium.
Final score in this huge upset: KU 40, MU 37.
The victory over the nation's 13th-ranked Tigers gives KU students and alumni (including this one) bragging rights for an entire year -- until the next Border War game in November of 2009.
Alas, Saturday didn't bring the victory expected by so many Missouri fans. How sad."
O.K. first of all, a 40 to 37 victory is not a "huge" upset, and did you catch his "witty" satire at the end? (Ha Ha, somebody should check his green card).
Other media sources described the event more accurately, but the loss for true Missourians is a hard one to take, our boys lost the ONE game that we should have won. I've always said the season really doesn't matter unless we beat Kansas but let's not be too hard on our boys, to say the least Jeramy Maclin and Chase Coffman took a beating today, no one can say they didn't give their all, and in reality that's all we can ask, and besides, ESPN's summary of the game (found online) at:
contained a very good quote from Mizzou quarterback Chase Daniel who states:
"This hurts right now, especially because it is Kansas, especially because it is a rivalry game, but we've got redemption next week," Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel said. "We're in the championship game, not Kansas, not Kansas State, not Baylor."
He's right, but I couldn't help but notice that some Jayhawks had found a Mizzou drum to swipe and let their fans beat on it as they carried it around the sidelines. Oh well, what do you expect from Jayhawks? Stealing Missouri property is a century and a half tradition for them.