- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Customer's chair a memorial at N.Y. Starbucks
NEW YORK -- One customer's favorite chair at a suburban New York Starbucks has become a memorial.
Employees at the store in Nyack say the chair was favored by Fleming Taylor, a paying customer even though he was homeless.
Acquaintances say Taylor's body was found Wednesday under the stairwell where he lived.
Now that purple velvet chair has been cordoned off with black ribbons and bouquets are placed on the seat in Taylor's honor.