- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Customer's chair a memorial at N.Y. Starbucks
NEW YORK -- One customer's favorite chair at a suburban New York Starbucks has become a memorial.
Employees at the store in Nyack say the chair was favored by Fleming Taylor, a paying customer even though he was homeless.
Acquaintances say Taylor's body was found Wednesday under the stairwell where he lived.
Now that purple velvet chair has been cordoned off with black ribbons and bouquets are placed on the seat in Taylor's honor.