- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
MILLERSVILLE -- Frances M. Turner, 81, of Millersville died Saturday, Nov. 29, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 15, 1927, in Diehlstadt, Mo., daughter of Walter A. and Edna Woods Gerecke. She and Homer Turner Jr. were married Dec. 22, 1946. He survives.
Turner resided in Millersville the past 13 years, where she was an active member of Sedgewickville Lutheran Church. She previously lived in Cape Girardeau 35 years and was a former member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Stanley Turner of Millersville, Dennis Turner of Cape Girardeau, Steve Turner of Exton, Pa.; a brother, Harold Gerecke of Altenburg, Mo., a sister, Betty Smith of Millersville; two half-brothers, Jerry and Jim Holloway of Cape Girardeau; a half-sister, Mary Clubb of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a half brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jerry Bailey officiating. Burial will be at Sedgewickville Cemetery.