- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Man finds wife's body near site of car accident hours later
BOLIVAR, Mo. -- A Polk County man is angry about finding his wife's body below a bridge hours after a deputy found her wrecked car and ordered it towed.
Frank Dartt also is asking whether his 48-year-old wife, Brenda, would have survived if she had been found earlier.
After his wife failed to show up for work, Dartt called her cell phone, and a worker for a towing company answered. Dartt learned her car had been towed from a bridge on Route KK around 2 a.m. Wednesday. The deputy who found her car had searched for survivors and assumed the vehicle had been abandoned.
Dartt conducted his own search that afternoon and found his wife's body below the bridge.
The coroner conducted an autopsy but was awaiting toxicology results before reaching a conclusion.