- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PUXICO, Mo. -- Jannette Pogue, 72, of Puxico died Saturday, Nov. 29, 2008, at home.
She was born Dec. 17, 1935, at Qulin, Mo., daughter of James Clifford and Ethel Hudgins Campbell. She and William Pogue were married Sept. 21, 1956, in Elk, Mo.
Pogue taught school in the Malden, Mo., Dexter, Mo., and Qulin schools and in Truman, Ark., before moving to Puxico in 1971. She taught school in Puxico until her retirement in 1989. Following retirement she opened and operated her own preschool in Puxico for 18 years.
Pogue was a member of Eastern Star in Puxico, the Thursday Culture Club, Sunshine Circle at the Christian Church and Alpha Delta Kappa.
Survivors include her husband of Puxico; a son, Gary Pogue of Dyersburg, Tenn.; a daughter, Cheryl Kinder of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Buel Campbell of Qulin, Loyce Campbell of Crystal City, Mo.; three sisters, Joan Swain of Blytheville, Ark., Phyllis Cookson of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sally Morehead of Qulin; and two grandchildren.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. Monday at Watkins and Sons Funeral Home in Puxico.
The funeral is at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Wiley McGhee officiating.
Interment will be in Missouri Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo.