- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Gayle Marie Abernathy, 67, of Marble Hill died Friday, Nov. 28, 2008, at her residence.
She was born Aug. 20, 1941, at Detroit, daughter of Robert Charles and Eleanor K. Banachowski Wilson. She and Robert Abernathy were married April 21, 1961, in Winterhaven, Calif.
Abernathy worked in law enforcement for Bollinger and Cape Girardeau counties and for eight years at Southeast Missouri Hospital. She was a member of the Women's Auxiliary for the Marine Corps League and a member of the Lutesville Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include her husband; her mother; three sons, Kenneth Wayne Abernathy of Antonio, Mo., Jeffery Steven Abernathy of Marble Hill, Robert Wilson Abernathy of O'Fallon, Mo.; a daughter, Susan Marie Horton of Camdenton, Mo; and eight grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father and a grandson.
A family visitation was held Saturday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
Private burial will be at a later date.