- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Christopher Columbus "Duzer" Brimm, 86, of Anna died Thursday, Nov. 27, 2008, at Heartland Regional Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born April 24, 1922, in Anna, son of Robert L. and Mae Crowell Brimm. He and Eva Ruth Canada were married Sept. 29, 1945, in Vienna, Ill.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Larry Brimm of Arizona; a daughter, Christie Wright of Carterville, Ill.; a brother, Carl Brimm of Lancaster, Calif.; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sisters and six brothers.
Brimm was a founding member of Landmark Pentecostal Church in Anna.
He served in the U.S. Marine Corps.
Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Sunday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna, and from 10 a.m. to service time Monday at Landmark Pentecostal Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. Richard Pearce and Caleb Trexler officiating. Burial will be in Casper Cemetery with military honors by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna.