- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Betty Jean Bailey, 78, of Chaffee died Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2008, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born July 19, 1930, at Chaffee, daughter of Charles and Ruth Ross Nordin. She and Clarence Irvin were married in 1944 at Chaffee. He died in 1983. She married Robert Bailey in 2003, who died in 2006.
Bailey had been a machine operator at BNC Machine Shop in St. Louis. She was a member of Chaffee Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Ronald Irvin of St. Louis; a brother, Jack Nordin; three grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Graveside service will be held at noon today at Mount Pleasant Cemetery near Gypsy, Mo.
Morgan Funeral Home in Advance, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.