- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/24/16)3
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Man in Mexico glued to steering wheel, robbed
MONTERREY, Mexico -- A driver in Mexico got himself into a sticky situation when he pulled over to help a woman whose pickup appeared to be broken down by the highway.
Anadel Carrizales was driving Wednesday near the northern city of Monterrey when a blond woman in a black miniskirt motioned for him to pull over.
Once he had stopped, the woman walked up and told him an accomplice was pointing a gun at him, said David Perales, a spokesman for state investigators.
She then tied him up with packing tape, super-glued his hands to the steering wheel of his truck and demanded money.
Carrizales didn't have any cash, but the woman took his credit cards and fled.
"He probably thought it was his lucky day when he saw the woman in the miniskirt, but was surprised when she tied him up," Perales said.
With his motor still running and his hands still glued to the wheel, Carrizales managed to drive a few miles down the road until he found a police officer to help him.
Emergency officials freed his hands with a saline solution.
"There are some contradictions in his story about how he ended up stopped alongside the road, but the robbery and being glued to the steering wheel are indisputable," Perales said.
Nearly a year ago, a 10-year-old boy in Monterrey glued his hand to his bed so that he wouldn't have to go to school. Paramedics had to free him.