- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Man in Mexico glued to steering wheel, robbed
MONTERREY, Mexico -- A driver in Mexico got himself into a sticky situation when he pulled over to help a woman whose pickup appeared to be broken down by the highway.
Anadel Carrizales was driving Wednesday near the northern city of Monterrey when a blond woman in a black miniskirt motioned for him to pull over.
Once he had stopped, the woman walked up and told him an accomplice was pointing a gun at him, said David Perales, a spokesman for state investigators.
She then tied him up with packing tape, super-glued his hands to the steering wheel of his truck and demanded money.
Carrizales didn't have any cash, but the woman took his credit cards and fled.
"He probably thought it was his lucky day when he saw the woman in the miniskirt, but was surprised when she tied him up," Perales said.
With his motor still running and his hands still glued to the wheel, Carrizales managed to drive a few miles down the road until he found a police officer to help him.
Emergency officials freed his hands with a saline solution.
"There are some contradictions in his story about how he ended up stopped alongside the road, but the robbery and being glued to the steering wheel are indisputable," Perales said.
Nearly a year ago, a 10-year-old boy in Monterrey glued his hand to his bed so that he wouldn't have to go to school. Paramedics had to free him.