- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local priest met Mother Teresa, will attend canonization (8/31/16)
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Wal-Mart theft probe yields drug charges against woman (8/31/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
- Cape police: Illinois union president hit woman in head with rock (8/28/16)3
Man in Mexico glued to steering wheel, robbed
MONTERREY, Mexico -- A driver in Mexico got himself into a sticky situation when he pulled over to help a woman whose pickup appeared to be broken down by the highway.
Anadel Carrizales was driving Wednesday near the northern city of Monterrey when a blond woman in a black miniskirt motioned for him to pull over.
Once he had stopped, the woman walked up and told him an accomplice was pointing a gun at him, said David Perales, a spokesman for state investigators.
She then tied him up with packing tape, super-glued his hands to the steering wheel of his truck and demanded money.
Carrizales didn't have any cash, but the woman took his credit cards and fled.
"He probably thought it was his lucky day when he saw the woman in the miniskirt, but was surprised when she tied him up," Perales said.
With his motor still running and his hands still glued to the wheel, Carrizales managed to drive a few miles down the road until he found a police officer to help him.
Emergency officials freed his hands with a saline solution.
"There are some contradictions in his story about how he ended up stopped alongside the road, but the robbery and being glued to the steering wheel are indisputable," Perales said.
Nearly a year ago, a 10-year-old boy in Monterrey glued his hand to his bed so that he wouldn't have to go to school. Paramedics had to free him.