- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Thanks to all who helped with party
To the editor:
Living in and running a small business my first full year in Cape Girardeau has afforded me the opportunity to meet many wonderful people.
Recently I had the honor of chairing the committee for the annual Neighborhood Connections party for the Old Town Cape area. This event took place Oct. 11 and was a great success.
On behalf of all the committee members I would like to thank the Rev. Bob Towner of Christ Episcopal Church and his wife Helen, Joan and Gerald Jones, Frank and Ruth Moreland, Marla Mills of Old Town Cape, the Cape Girardeau City Council, the Cape Girardeau Police Department, KZIM, Schnucks Supermarket, Fred's Discount, Broadway Books & Roasting Co., Robert and Mary of the Corner Store and my wife Linda of Bellevue Bed and Breakfast as well as the following restaurants: Cup 'n' Cork, Socials, Port Cape, Celebrations, Ole Hickory Pits, Broussard's and Burritoville.
Also great thanks to the musicians and a very special thanks to all the neighbors and friends who attended.
BRIAN F. LANGLOIS, Cape Girardeau