- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)2
Thanks to all who helped with party
To the editor:
Living in and running a small business my first full year in Cape Girardeau has afforded me the opportunity to meet many wonderful people.
Recently I had the honor of chairing the committee for the annual Neighborhood Connections party for the Old Town Cape area. This event took place Oct. 11 and was a great success.
On behalf of all the committee members I would like to thank the Rev. Bob Towner of Christ Episcopal Church and his wife Helen, Joan and Gerald Jones, Frank and Ruth Moreland, Marla Mills of Old Town Cape, the Cape Girardeau City Council, the Cape Girardeau Police Department, KZIM, Schnucks Supermarket, Fred's Discount, Broadway Books & Roasting Co., Robert and Mary of the Corner Store and my wife Linda of Bellevue Bed and Breakfast as well as the following restaurants: Cup 'n' Cork, Socials, Port Cape, Celebrations, Ole Hickory Pits, Broussard's and Burritoville.
Also great thanks to the musicians and a very special thanks to all the neighbors and friends who attended.
BRIAN F. LANGLOIS, Cape Girardeau