- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Thanks to all who helped with party
To the editor:
Living in and running a small business my first full year in Cape Girardeau has afforded me the opportunity to meet many wonderful people.
Recently I had the honor of chairing the committee for the annual Neighborhood Connections party for the Old Town Cape area. This event took place Oct. 11 and was a great success.
On behalf of all the committee members I would like to thank the Rev. Bob Towner of Christ Episcopal Church and his wife Helen, Joan and Gerald Jones, Frank and Ruth Moreland, Marla Mills of Old Town Cape, the Cape Girardeau City Council, the Cape Girardeau Police Department, KZIM, Schnucks Supermarket, Fred's Discount, Broadway Books & Roasting Co., Robert and Mary of the Corner Store and my wife Linda of Bellevue Bed and Breakfast as well as the following restaurants: Cup 'n' Cork, Socials, Port Cape, Celebrations, Ole Hickory Pits, Broussard's and Burritoville.
Also great thanks to the musicians and a very special thanks to all the neighbors and friends who attended.
BRIAN F. LANGLOIS, Cape Girardeau