- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Thanks to all who helped with party
To the editor:
Living in and running a small business my first full year in Cape Girardeau has afforded me the opportunity to meet many wonderful people.
Recently I had the honor of chairing the committee for the annual Neighborhood Connections party for the Old Town Cape area. This event took place Oct. 11 and was a great success.
On behalf of all the committee members I would like to thank the Rev. Bob Towner of Christ Episcopal Church and his wife Helen, Joan and Gerald Jones, Frank and Ruth Moreland, Marla Mills of Old Town Cape, the Cape Girardeau City Council, the Cape Girardeau Police Department, KZIM, Schnucks Supermarket, Fred's Discount, Broadway Books & Roasting Co., Robert and Mary of the Corner Store and my wife Linda of Bellevue Bed and Breakfast as well as the following restaurants: Cup 'n' Cork, Socials, Port Cape, Celebrations, Ole Hickory Pits, Broussard's and Burritoville.
Also great thanks to the musicians and a very special thanks to all the neighbors and friends who attended.
BRIAN F. LANGLOIS, Cape Girardeau