- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Thanks to all who helped with party
To the editor:
Living in and running a small business my first full year in Cape Girardeau has afforded me the opportunity to meet many wonderful people.
Recently I had the honor of chairing the committee for the annual Neighborhood Connections party for the Old Town Cape area. This event took place Oct. 11 and was a great success.
On behalf of all the committee members I would like to thank the Rev. Bob Towner of Christ Episcopal Church and his wife Helen, Joan and Gerald Jones, Frank and Ruth Moreland, Marla Mills of Old Town Cape, the Cape Girardeau City Council, the Cape Girardeau Police Department, KZIM, Schnucks Supermarket, Fred's Discount, Broadway Books & Roasting Co., Robert and Mary of the Corner Store and my wife Linda of Bellevue Bed and Breakfast as well as the following restaurants: Cup 'n' Cork, Socials, Port Cape, Celebrations, Ole Hickory Pits, Broussard's and Burritoville.
Also great thanks to the musicians and a very special thanks to all the neighbors and friends who attended.
BRIAN F. LANGLOIS, Cape Girardeau