- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Stabbing reported in Cape Girardeau
Cape Girardeau police responded to a reported stabbing Wednesday afternoon at 716 Broadway, according to Cpl. Jason Selzer.
A 27-year-old man suffered a stab wound in the back, Selzer said.
He was injured in an apartment above the business at 716 Broadway.
There were other individuals nearby, Selzer said, but no one gave an eyewitness account, and the victim is refusing to cooperate with officers.
The victim was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment.
His injuries were serious but not considered life threatening, Selzer said.