- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Dates set for two annual holiday concerts
@SL_body_copy_ragged:n The Southeast Missouri Hospital Foundation, Inc. will present the 13th annual Sounds of the Season Holiday Concert at 2 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Cape Bible Chapel. Southeast Missouri Hospital employee cancer survivors will be the honorary chairpersons of the event. Mike Dumey and musically talented area youth will provide seasonal entertainment. Tickets are available in advance or at the door. Requested $5 donation per ticket. For more information, call 573-986-6622 or www.southeastmissourihospital.com.
n On Dec. 15, the Heartland Pops Orchestra and Chorus will perform its annual Christmas Concert. The orchestra, made up of 30 musicians from Sikeston, Mo., to Fredericktown, Mo., will perform with the chorus. KFVS12 anchor Mary Ann Maloney will be the guest narrator. The Concert will be at 7:15 p.m. at Academic Hall. Tickets are $10 for adults, $6 for students, available at the door or by calling 243-3367. A shuttle service will be available from Dempster lot on Henderson Street beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Columbia offers Missouri artists opportunity
@SL_body_copy_ragged:COLUMBIA, Mo. -- The City of Columbia Office of Cultural Affairs (OCA) invites artists living in Missouri to apply for a public art project for the city's Fire Station No. 9. The art budget for the Fire Station project is $14,500. Artists should submit qualifications only, not design proposals. Guidelines for applying are available at www.GoColumbiaMo.com/Arts under the "artist opportunity" link, or contact the OCA for a printed copy. Applications must be postmarked by Dec. 12. For more information, contact the OCA at 573-874-7512, oca@GoColumbiaMo.com.
Sikeston theater holding 'Music Man' auditions
@SL_body_copy_ragged:SIKESTON, Mo. -- The Sikeston Little Theatre is holding open auditions for its presentation of the "The Music Man," to be performed in February. Anyone auditioning for a major or singing role will need their own music or backup CD. Non-singing roles and jobs with sets, costuming, lighting and sound are also available. Auditions will be at 7 p.m. Dec. 4 and 2 p.m. Dec. 7 at the Albritton-Mayer Cultural Center, 506 S. Kingshighway in Sikeston. "The Music Man" will be onstage Feb. 19 to 22, 26 to 28, and March 1. Call 573-481-0255 for more details.
Larry the Cable Guy scheduled at Fox Theatre
@SL_body_copy_ragged:ST. LOUIS -- The hilariously redneck Larry the Cable Guy will perform Jan. 17 at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis. Dan Whitney, the man in the cut off flannel shirt, made it big with audiences as Larry The Cable Guy from the Blue Collar Comedy tour. There will be shows at 5 and 8 p.m. Tickets are on sale now. Tickets are $44.75 and $39.75 and available at the Fox box office, MetroTix outlets or by calling 314-534-1111. Order tickets online at www.metrotix.com.
-- From staff reports