- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
'Cats' on the prowl in St. Louis
ST. LOUIS — The holidays are a time when families come together; for a cultural experience with yours, head to St. Louis to see "Cats" at the Fox Theatre.
Andrew Lloyd Webber's emphatically popular musical has crawled off Broadway to wander around the country. To drive home the notion that this is truly a family feature, the Fox Theatre is offering face painting to children at the show.
The story is based on a book by Missouri's own T.S. Eliot. It was a collection of poems he sent to his grandchildren detailing the mischievous world of a tribe of cats.
"Cats" was one of the longest-running shows on Broadway and garnered seven Tony Awards. The famous production will be at Fox Theatre at 1 and 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $61 to $22 and available at www.fabulousfox.com.