- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Merlin A. "Curly" Wingerter, 73, of Perryville died Monday, Nov. 24, 2008, at his home.
He was born Jan. 1, 1935, at Biehle, Mo., son of Frank and Bertha Schott Wingerter. He and Dorothy Balsman were married May 12, 1956.
Wingerter was owner/operator of Curly's Body Shop in Biehle 28 years. He was a member of St. Maurus Catholic Church in Biehle, AmVets, American Legion and Knights of Columbus.
He served 27 years with the U.S. Army National Guard.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Rick, Brian and John Wingerter, all of Perryville; a daughter, Tammy Tarrillion of Perryville; a sister, Mildred Schott of Jackson; two brothers, Lloyd Wingerter of Perryville, Milton "Dick" Wingerter of Maryland Heights, Mo.; 15 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. The wake will be at 5 p.m. Friday. The rosary will be recited at 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Maurus Catholic Church, with the Rev. Tony Dattilo officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery with military graveside rites provided by Delta Team.