- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
National association taps Southeast's president as officer
Dr. Ken Dobbins, president of Southeast Missouri State University, has been elected secretary-treasurer of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities.
Dobbins' election was announced on the final day of the association's annual meeting in Williamsburg, Va. The association includes 430 member institutions from across the United States, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.
Dobbins has been an administrator at Southeast since 1991 and was named president by the board of regents in 1999.