- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Holiday closes Southeast Missouri government offices, alters trash pickup schedules
Federal, state and local government offices will be closed Thursday to observe Thanksgiving.
Jackson and Scott City offices will also be closed on Friday, as are offices in Cape Girardeau and Scott counties and state offices.
The city of Cape Girardeau's offices will be open Friday, along with federal offices.
Trash pickup in Cape Girardeau will be Wednesday for those whose service falls on Thanksgiving Day. There will be no special pickups for Wednesday customers.
In Jackson, people with Thursday or Friday trash pickup will get service Monday. People who have Monday service will have their trash collected Tuesday, along with the regularly scheduled Tuesday service.
In Scott City, Thursday trash routes will be shifted to Friday, while Friday customers will have trash pickup Saturday.