- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Charles James Sr.
CHAFFEE, Mo. — Charles "Toot" James Sr., 78, of Chaffee passed away Saturday, Nov. 22, 2008, at Landmark Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born in Lutesville, Mo., to the late Henry and Annie James James. He moved to Chaffee in 1993 from Kankakee, Ill.
He spent his career as a boiler room operator at the Joliet Army Ammunition Plant in Joliet, Ill. "Toot" was a member of the New Life Gospel Church in Scott City and of Chaffee Elks Lodge 1810.
Survivors include two sons, Chuck (Sally) James of Fruitland, Donald W. James of Pocahontas; a daughter, Nancy (Gary) Lambert of Jackson; a brother, Hadley James of Arbor, Mo.; seven grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
He was preceded in death by a son, Larry James; a brother, John "Muck" James; and a granddaughter.
The funeral will be at noon today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, with the Rev. Jack Owens officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park Cemetery in Advance, Mo.