- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Charles James Sr.
CHAFFEE, Mo. — Charles "Toot" James Sr., 78, of Chaffee passed away Saturday, Nov. 22, 2008, at Landmark Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born in Lutesville, Mo., to the late Henry and Annie James James. He moved to Chaffee in 1993 from Kankakee, Ill.
He spent his career as a boiler room operator at the Joliet Army Ammunition Plant in Joliet, Ill. "Toot" was a member of the New Life Gospel Church in Scott City and of Chaffee Elks Lodge 1810.
Survivors include two sons, Chuck (Sally) James of Fruitland, Donald W. James of Pocahontas; a daughter, Nancy (Gary) Lambert of Jackson; a brother, Hadley James of Arbor, Mo.; seven grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
He was preceded in death by a son, Larry James; a brother, John "Muck" James; and a granddaughter.
The funeral will be at noon today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, with the Rev. Jack Owens officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park Cemetery in Advance, Mo.