- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Gladys Ruth McCain, 68, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Nov. 24, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born March 3, 1940, in East Prairie, Mo., daughter of Clarence E. and Eva Laura Burns Riley. She and Ben McCain were married July 5, 1958, in Fredericktown, Mo. He died Sept. 22, 1985.
McCain was a member of Church of God and Riverside Workers for the Blind. She lived in Cape Girardeau all her life.
Survivors include her brother and sister-in-law, Marshall and Shirlene Riley of Cape Girardeau; a number of nieces and nephews; and a host of friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and nine brothers and sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.