- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Hellen Louise Skaggs Clowers, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Nov. 21, 2008, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 19, 1923, at Parma, Mo., daughter of Lee Roy and Vivian Alice Jaynes Skaggs. She and Marvin Clowers were married Sept. 5, 1950. He died in September 1979.
Clowers spent most of her adult life in the Wardell, Mo., area. She attended school in the Risco, Mo., area.
Survivors include four daughters, Dianna James of Wardell, Vicki Duckworth of Cape Girardeau, Marcia Jones of Manvel, Texas, Cindy Tolbert of New Boston, Texas; a brother, Marion Roy Skaggs; a sister, Ruth Clark of Cabot, Ariz.; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter.
Friends may call at 1 p.m. today at Bradshaw Funeral Home in Malden, Mo. The funeral will be at 2 p.m.
Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery at Malden.