- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Richard Dexter, 59, of Anna died Friday, Nov. 21, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Dec. 12, 1948, son of Roy and Dorthy McCloud Dexter. He and Sandy Tucker were married July 9, 1983.
Dexter served in the U.S. Army. He worked as a truck driver in the construction industry many years.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Bradley Dexter of Salina, Okla., Christopher Dexter of Anna; a daughter, Angela Hand of Jonesboro, Ill.; two brothers, Jerry Dexter of Montgomery, Ill., Ronnie Dexter of Palm Springs, Fla.; a sister, Karen Snell of Naples, Fla.; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bruce Clubb officiating. Interment will be in St. Johns Cemetery near Dongola, Ill.