- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ora Mae Phillips
Ora Mae Bledsoe Culkin Phillips, 76, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Olive Branch, Ill., died Thursday, Nov. 20, 2008, at her granddaughter's home in Kansas City, Mo.
She was born Nov. 29, 1931, at Thebes, Ill., daughter of Edgar and Bertha Roberts Bledsoe. She and William Robert Culkin were married, and he preceded her in death. She later married Clifford "Bud" Phillips, who also preceded her in death.
Survivors include three sons, William Culkin of St. Louis, Robert Culkin of Olive Branch, Clyde Culkin of Penrose, Colo.; five daughters, Agnes Ghiglione of Mount Zion, Ill., Sarah Dunn of Collinsville, Ill., Claire DeLashmutt of Jonesboro, Ill., Brenda Calvert of Olive Branch, Susie Ozment of Kansas City; two stepsons, Terry Phillips of Granite City. Ill., Carl Phillips of Jamestown, N.Y.; a stepdaughter, Linda Phillips of Granite City; a sister, Annie Elizabeth Henderson of Lake of the Ozarks, Mo.; 16 grandchildren; nine stepgrandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; nine stepgrandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and 10 great-stepgrandchildren,
She was preceded in death by her parents, six brothers, a sister, a son, a grandson and a stepgranddaughter.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. James Ghiglione officiating. Burial will be in Mount Zion Cemetery in rural Olive Branch.