- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Russell "Boots" Buchaltz, 76, of Marble Hill died Thursday, Nov. 20, 2008, at Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 15, 1932, in Grassy, Mo., son of Val and Pearl Pair Bucholtz. He and Doris Campbell were married June 14, 1969.
Buchaltz was a retired pipefitter with General Motors and attended Point Pleasant General Baptist Church.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Karen Funk of Bowling Green, Mo.; two stepsons, Benny Smith of Millstadt, Ill., Michael Smith of St. Louis, two stepdaughters, Sheila Risch of High Ridge, Mo., Sandy Reeser of Barnhart, Mo., a brother, Floyd Bucholtz of Marble Hill, 10 stepgrandchildren; and three great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be today from 4 to 8 p.m. at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gene Robbins officiating. Burial will be in Grassy Cemetery in Grassy with full military honors provided by VFW Post 5900.