- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Bernie man arrested for alleged stabbing
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. — A Bernie man is in Stoddard County Jail today, facing charges that include assault in the first degree, armed criminal action and endangering the welfare of a child.
Aaron M. Chance, 19, was arrested by Dexter Police on Tuesday on charges stemming from a Nov. 2 incident on Patty Lane in Dexter. The incident was not reported to police until two days later on Nov. 4. The suspect was apprehended near the Dudley area and charged on Tuesday.
Chance reportedly attacked an individual with a knife following an altercation at an apartment complex on Patty Lane, inflicting stab wounds to the victim's neck. He reportedly then fled the scene in his vehicle, striking at least two vehicles in the process. Chance is additionally charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
Chance is held on a cash only bond of $25,000.
Details of the incident were being processed at press time