- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- A message from heaven (1/23/17)
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Area residents among those attending inauguration, women's march (1/22/17)90
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Cape Youth Tackle Football crowns fall champions
Cape Youth Tackle Football (CYTF) crowned their fall 2008 season champions at Houck Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2008. Over 1500 fans attended the four games played that day and saw four really close games.
The Sailer Roofing Saints won the league title in the "Little" League (grades 2-3) by defeating the Cape Care for Women (CCFW) Colts in the last minute of the game 22-20. The Saints ended the season 5-1.
The Merrill Lynch Broncos won the title in the "Big" league (grades 4-7) by defeating the Andy's Frozen Custard Packers 6-0 in a defensive battle. Coach Eric Redinger's team also finished the season 5-1 to win the championship!