- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Cape Youth Tackle Football crowns fall champions
Cape Youth Tackle Football (CYTF) crowned their fall 2008 season champions at Houck Stadium on Sunday, November 2, 2008. Over 1500 fans attended the four games played that day and saw four really close games.
The Sailer Roofing Saints won the league title in the "Little" League (grades 2-3) by defeating the Cape Care for Women (CCFW) Colts in the last minute of the game 22-20. The Saints ended the season 5-1.
The Merrill Lynch Broncos won the title in the "Big" league (grades 4-7) by defeating the Andy's Frozen Custard Packers 6-0 in a defensive battle. Coach Eric Redinger's team also finished the season 5-1 to win the championship!