- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Loleta Virginia White, 90, of Chaffee died Tuesday, Nov. 18, 2008, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born July 5, 1918, in Randles, daughter of Floyd Dee and Beulah Spain Blue. She married Carl James White May 27, 1933. He preceded her in death May 15, 1983.
Also preceding her in death were two sons, Ervin White and J.C. White; a grandchild; a great-grandchild; two brothers; and three sisters.
Loleta retired from Thorngate Ltd. in Chaffee, where she was a seamstress. She was a member of Gospel Assembly Church in Cape Girardeau and a former member of Order of Eastern Star Chapter 48 in Chaffee.
Survivors include two daughters, Shirley (Dean) Sullinger of Chaffee and Brenda (Dennis) Coomer of Jackson; two brothers, Floyd Blue of Chaffee and Jim Blue of Randles; a sister, Opal Vessels of Randles; nine grandchildren; and eight great- grandchildren.
Visitation will be at 4 p.m. Thursday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Don Leggett officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.