- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Leroy Strubberg Sr.
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Leroy John Strubberg Sr., 63, of Chaffee died Sunday, Nov. 16, 2008, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 14, 1945, in Washington, Mo., son of Victor Henry and Ellona Wilma Kampen Strubberg. He and Pauline Margaret Gammons were married Jan. 15, 1999.
Strubberg was a line supervisor at Lucia Pizza in St. Louis.
He was a medic in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Leroy Strubberg Jr. of St. Louis, James Woods Jr. of Hillsboro, Mo., Timothy Strubberg of Farmington, Mo.; five daughters, Margaret McPherson of Imperial, Mo., Julie Lowery of Delta, Leslie Lucia and Denise Derickson of St. Louis, Leanna Lacrone of Alton, Ill.; five brothers, William and Wayne Strubberg of Illinois, Don Strubberg of Plainsville, Ill., Robert and George Strubberg of Granite City, Ill.; 21 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
There is no visitation.
Graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield. Military rites will be conducted by Missouri Military Honors Program.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.