- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Out of the past 11/19/2008
25 years ago: Nov. 19, 1983
Cape Girardeau banker Paul L. Ebaugh has been appointed by Gov. Kit Bond to serve on the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission.
Cape Girardeau city manager Gary A. Eide and chamber of commerce Executive Director Robert B. Hendrix last night returned from a two-week trip to Japan; the two traveled there in hopes of encouraging Japanese businesses and factories to locate in Cape Girardeau if offices were moved to the United States.
50 years ago: Nov. 19, 1958
Pumping stations for the two Main Street Levee Improvement Districts' flood-control program, designed to push Cape Girardeau's stormwater and sewage into the Mississippi River against the force of any flood, should be completed in early December.
The Associated Press reports three State College football players were named to the first team and four to the second team in the all-MIAA selections; on the first team are Don Mings at end, James Sater at tackle and Edwin McWilliams at guard; Glennon Schott, guard, Tom O'Keefe, quarterback, Carroll Sanders and Arlen Powell, halfbacks, were named to the second team.
75 years ago: Nov. 19, 1933
With fair weather prevailing, nearly 3,000 Lutherans from Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois celebrate the 450th birthday anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther with a program at Houck Field House; one of the features is a massed choir of 150 voices under the direction of Ed Marty.
An installation service for the Rev. Walter E. Koepf, pastor of the First English Evangelical Lutheran Church, is held in the evening at the church quarters, 900A Broadway.
100 years ago: Nov. 19, 1908
James Pease of Chicago and Ed Mitchell of Carbondale, Ill., arrived here last evening in Pease's ocean-going yacht; Pease is a millionaire who owns numerous mines throughout the central part of Illinois; Mitchell is a mine owner with Pease.
Devotees of roller skating are pleased to learn that, in addition to the Parkway rink, the Auditorium rink on South Spanish Street has been leased by E.A. Guill and Oscar Bowman and will open for the season with a band concert tomorrow evening.
— Sharon K. Sanders