- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Eldon Moore, 80, of Perryville died Monday, Nov. 17, 2008, in Perryville.
He was born Sept. 22, 1928, in Perryville, son of Leonard and Edith Nehouse Moore. He and Theresa Unterreiner were married Feb. 2, 1952, at Apple Creek, Mo.
Moore was a foreman at International Shoe Co. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, VFW, American Legion, and was a past member of Knights of Columbus.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Tina Aden of Perryville; a son, Thomas Moore of Perryville; three brothers, Gene Moore of Indiana, Thomas Moore of Chicago, John Moore of Perryville; two sisters, Mary Parres of Lake St. Louis, Mo., and Shirley Scheper of Alton, Ill.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today and 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Thursday at Miller Family Funeral Home. A VFW service will be held at 6:30 tonight, with parish prayers at 7. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Vincent de Paul Church in Perryville, with the Rev. David Nations officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery with graveside military honors courtesy of American Legion Post 133.