- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Son to Matthew Eugene and Jody Christine Essner of Columbia, Mo., Boone Hospital in Columbia, 8:32 p.m. Monday, Oct. 6, 2008. Name, Brock James. Weight, 8 pounds, 9 ounces. Second son. Mrs. Essner is the former Jody Jordan, daughter of Jim and Jane Jordan of Jefferson City, Mo. She is on premise sales with Major Brands in Columbia. Essner is the son of Larry and Betty Essner of Benton, Mo. He is assistant director with Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education School Food Services.
Son to Catherine Helene Purdiman of Cairo, Ill., Saint Francis Medical Center, 5:32 a.m. Friday, Nov. 7, 2008. Name, John Marshohn. Weight, 6 pounds, 7 ounces. Fifth child, fourth son. Ms. Purdiman is the daughter of James Purdiman and Delores Purdiman of Paducah, Ky. She is a substitute teachers aide.
Son to James William Tanner and Andrea Lynne Mayfield of Jackson, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 10:01 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008. Name, Gabriel William. Weight, 7 pounds, 5 ounces. First child. Ms. Mayfield is the daughter of Carol Mayfield of Burfordville and Keith Mayfield of Cape Girardeau. She is employed at McDonald's in Jackson. Tanner is the son of Teresa Tanner and James Tanner of Jackson. He is employed at Jackson BP.
Daughter to Danny Ray and Whitney Brooke Ivie of Cape Girardeau, Saint Francis Medical Center, 10:17 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008. Name, Isabella Reigh. Weight, 6 pounds. First child. Mrs. Ivie is the former Whitney Ulrich, daughter of Sandy Helwege of Cape Girardeau and Randy Ulrich of Jackson. She is employed at Coldwell Banker Abernathy Realty. Ivie is the son of Danny Ivie and Karen Ivie of Portageville, Mo. He is employed at Peak Performance Taekwondo.
Daughter to Jeremy Ryan and Susanna Jean Freeman of Perryville, Mo., Southeast Missouri Hospital, 10:45 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008. Name, Evelyn Mae. Weight, 9 pounds, 1 ounce. Third child, first daughter. Mrs. Freeman is the former Susanna Henry, daughter of Gene and Marilynn Henry of Clinton, Mo. Freeman is the son of Kent and Ann Freeman of Kennett, Mo. He is employed at Dynegy in Baldwin, Ill.
Son to Dwaun Theresa Thiele of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 12:36 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 8, 2008. Name, Adrian DeShawn. Weight, 7 pounds, 13 ounces. Second son. Ms. Thiele is the daughter of Susan and Mark Jackson and Steve and Tammy Thiele, all of Cape Girardeau. She is employed at Physicians Alliance Surgery Center.