- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. — Ernest E. Weiss, 74, of Perryville died Monday, Nov. 17, 2008, at his home.
He was born Aug. 6, 1934, in Perry County, son of Rudolph and Bertha Metzger Weiss. He and Rosemary Flora Weisbrod were married June 11, 1955.
Weiss began in 1952 as a roofing contractor with AALCO Roofing Inc. in St. Louis, where he later was owner/operator from 1966 until retiring in 2007. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church at Highland, Mo., the church council and Holy Name Society and Knights of Columbus Council 1263.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Sheryl Winschel of Perryville; a son, Mark Weiss of St. Louis; a brother, Glennon Weiss of Dothan, Ala.; two sisters, Barbara Huber of Decatur, Ill., Rita Laurentius of St. Louis; six grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Thursday and from 6:30 to 9:20 a.m. Friday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. The rosary will be recited at 7 Thursday.
Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph Church in Highland. The Revs. Robert Brockland and Tony Dattilo will concelebrate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.