- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dorris Jeannette Rauth McAllister, 86, of Cape Girardeau passed away Saturday, Nov. 15, 2008, in her home at Saxony Village.
She was born March 9, 1922, in Carthage, Mo., daughter of Loraine Edward and Mary Austin Shanks Rauth. She and William C. McAllister Jr. were married Jan. 20, 1945, in Cape Girardeau. He passed away Jan. 26, 1983, in Richardson, Texas.
McAllister was a dedicated mother to her children and an avid bridge player, playing as often as she could with friends.
She grew up in Cape Girardeau and graduated from St. Mary's High School in 1940. Later she attended Southeast Missouri State University where she was a member of Clio sorority.
She was the loving mother of Karen Loraine (Joe) Rice of Chaffee, Mo., William C. (Connie) McAllister III of Liberty, Mo., and Jeffrey Scott (Susie) McAllister of Raymore, Mo. She was loved by her nine grandchildren, Michelle (Ryan) Neal of Camdenton, Mo., Jeannie (Matt) Hanlon of O'Fallon, Mo., Betsy Rice of Columbia, Mo., Perry (Emily) Rice of Rolla, Mo., Kelly (Butch) DeFelice and Brian McAllister of Chicago, Amy McAllister, Melissa McAllister and Carolyn McAllister of Raymore. She has seven beautiful great-grandchildren. Her children and family will miss her.
Her parents; husband Bill of 38 years; sister Marcella Mayfield of Sikeston, Mo., and twin sons Joseph Shanks and John Rauth McAllister preceded her in death.
Visitation is from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
Graveside rites will be conducted at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Mary's Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers the family asks that you make contributions in her name to the charity of your choice.