- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
ANNA, Ill. — Norma J. Chamness, 72, of Davenport, Fla., formerly of Anna, died Friday, Nov. 7, 2008, at Good Shepherd Hospice House in Auburndale, Fla.
She was born Nov. 13, 1935, in Seward, Neb., daughter of Leonard J. and Tempest Dwinell. She married Fred Chamness May 17, 1957, in Anna.
Chamness graduated from Presbyterian Hospital School of Nursing in Chicago in 1957. She retired from Memorial Hospital of Carbondale, Ill., in 1989.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Fred Chamness of Kissimmee, Fla., Tony Chamness of Anna; three daughters, Debbie Dillon, Alice Ury and Cathy Stearns, all of Jonesboro, Ill.; a sister, Sally Lavoie of Kearney, Neb.; a brother, Dick Dwinell of New York; and 11 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a granddaughter.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Bill Littrell officiating.